Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: session_start(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

You're Ok Tonight _Song I recently wrote, need feedback please!
 | Forums | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Important Announcement: SongWritingFever.com will be shutting down all user-interactive pages effective as of Saturday 13 September 2014. We are very sorry about this. We will be working very hard to bring it back as soon as we can in a much better shape than it is now. What this means is that you will not be able to submit or view lyrics, upload or download songs, view other members profiles, sign up or sign in, or post to the forum. Again, we are terribly sorry about this and we hope that we can bring all those functions and more back soon.
SongWriting Fever Forums

All Songwriting SongWriting Fever Forums / All Songwriting /

You're Ok Tonight _Song I recently wrote, need feedback please!

Kimberly  
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 23 Feb 2011 21:07
Please leave comments for improvement(: This is a song I wrote a few days ago. I have been writing since I was 11 but I was recently inspired so please read!(: Tempo is about 76 and I think it would go well with just an acoustic guitar.

* Since my song is a duet, if a female is singing, I will put a F at the front of the line, and a M for male. If they are both singing in harmony (the only way I write duets) I will put a H on the line. Enjoy!

1st Lyric:

All Female:

I watched the sunset sink over this rainy town
I don't know what happens now that I'm future bound
I watched you bring me to life through out the years
So I kiss you good night and smile through out my tears

Bridge:
H- I wanna hold on to you
F-no matter what it takes
F- But i know that time can give and it can take
F- I don't wanna lose you

Chorus(All female)

But I'm throwin down this ring
I'm gonna live my life
I hope I didn't break you
But you'll find another one
I'm thowin down this ring
I'm gonna live my life
I hope that you're ok
I hope you're ok tonight

2nd lyric (All male)

I knew I saw somethin' in those pretty eyes
The night that you kissed me and told me you were fine
Though I never imagined you'd go to such extremes
I never imagined that you'd be leavin me

Bridge(same format)
H--- Ohhh (leads to chorus)

Chorus x1 same format

Middle:

H-Time went on, Its been so long, since I've seen your face
H- I wish that I, could go back to my, mistakes
Female only- I never imagined I'd see my own heart break

Chorus x1 still all female

Chorus mix:

F- I threw down my ring
F-I went and lived my life
M- I hope I didn'y break you (F-I broke myself)
M- But I found another one (F-ohhh)

ALl male:

You threw down your ring
You left and lived your life
I hope that you're ok (F-I'm not okay)

H- I hope you're ok tonight

end.

My goal of this song was to write lyrics that really touched emotions. And I also just wanted to write. Please tell me if this reaches emotionally and any improvements you suggest etc.
Thank you!!!
Elijah James  
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 25 Feb 2011 21:55
I think this is a great Duet piece! I think it's very versatile and can do well as a country song. At least that's what I'm hearing. I hope someone with more experience can offer you the advice your looking for.
Kimberly  
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 28 Feb 2011 16:53
Elijah James
Thank you! I was kind of thinking country but wasn't sure what others would see the song as, but that just confirms my already thought out idea about it(: thank u!

All Songwriting SongWriting Fever Forums / All Songwriting / You're Ok Tonight _Song I recently wrote, need feedback please! Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

login