Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: session_start(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Stuck In The Shadows/Would love feedback(Rock)
 | Forums | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Important Announcement: SongWritingFever.com will be shutting down all user-interactive pages effective as of Saturday 13 September 2014. We are very sorry about this. We will be working very hard to bring it back as soon as we can in a much better shape than it is now. What this means is that you will not be able to submit or view lyrics, upload or download songs, view other members profiles, sign up or sign in, or post to the forum. Again, we are terribly sorry about this and we hope that we can bring all those functions and more back soon.
SongWriting Fever Forums

Songwriting Collaboration Request SongWriting Fever Forums / Songwriting Collaboration Request /

Stuck In The Shadows/Would love feedback(Rock)

Branden Floyd  
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 6 Aug 2014 04:17 | Edited by: Branden Floyd
Whats up guys and girls, Thought i would post a song i've been working on
The song is basicly about a guy who cant tell the girl he loves how he really feels about her because she already has someone she herself is into.
For this song i was thinking alternative rock, Something like Breaking Benjamin or Linkin Park

(Verse 1)
Your always there just out of reach.
Nothing to do but stand there helplessly
Do you know how i feel?
Do you care about me at all?

(Pre-chorus)
Always wanted to taste your kiss
Always wanted to be with you
But now i'm trapped behind this wall of doubt
Forever wishing that there was a way out.

(Chorus)
As i stand here
I realize i am stuck in the shadows.
Forever wishing that i could find the light
But i can't fight it.
That's why i'm stuck in the shadows.

(Verse 2)
I saw you the other day,
You were so happy with him.
Guess i should've made my move.
But i was too scared to say the truth.

(Chorus)
As i stand here
I realize i'm stuck in the shadows.
But i can't fight it.

Bridge:
Your so close and yet so far,
I dont even know where to start.
Guess i'll stay behind this wall.
Forever stuck in the shadows.

]Copyright Branden Floyd 2014
Danica De Jongh  
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 6 Aug 2014 08:00
nice lyrics! It really conveys emotion and feelings, and that's the most important thing especially in a song with this kind of subject, instead of just saying what you feel you explain how it feels, so that's really nice about this song... Im just also gonna say that i can relate to it... It's a lovely song and keep up the good work!
Robert William Gruhn  
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 6 Aug 2014 09:36
(Chorus)
As i stand here
I realize i am stuck in the shadows.
But i can't fight it.

My version:

As I stand here
Stuck in the shadows
Eternally wishing to find the light
Just can't fight it
So I'm stuck in the shadows

Just my take on part of your lyrics!

Keep writing! Robert ;)))
Branden Floyd  
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 7 Aug 2014 03:48 | Edited by: Branden Floyd
Wow i really like what you did robert! i'll have to add that in! And thankyou Danica! I actually made up the lyrics as i went along so i'm glad that it came out well^ ^_^

Songwriting Collaboration Request SongWriting Fever Forums / Songwriting Collaboration Request / Stuck In The Shadows/Would love feedback(Rock) Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

login