Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Stolen Lyrics
 | Forums | Search | Statistics |
Important Announcement: SongWritingFever.com will be shutting down all user-interactive pages effective as of Saturday 13 September 2014. We are very sorry about this. We will be working very hard to bring it back as soon as we can in a much better shape than it is now. What this means is that you will not be able to submit or view lyrics, upload or download songs, view other members profiles, sign up or sign in, or post to the forum. Again, we are terribly sorry about this and we hope that we can bring all those functions and more back soon.
SongWriting Fever Forums

Website Feedback SongWriting Fever Forums / Website Feedback /

Stolen Lyrics

Amethyst Wilton  
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 30 Oct 2011 07:27 | Edited by: Amethyst Wilton
Hi there, i joined this site not too long ago now to get some advice on my lyrics. I posted my first full track here: http://www.songwritingfever.com/material/lyrics/read.php?id=6371 i only wrote this song a few months ago, but someone has copied it and posted it after me here: http://www.songwritingfever.com/material/lyrics/read.php?id=6519 but has some how put the copyright as 2009 when i clearly posted mine before him - you can also tell because mine is post 6371 where his is 6519. Not to mention the song is written through the eyes of me ( a girl ) and it is a guy who has posted it. I would really appreciate if that thread would be deleted as it is fraud because he has not stated i wrote it and he also changed the title, it is a break of copyright. The song is about things in my life, and i really don't like someone else posting them as there own.
Mahmoud Ibrahim Male  
Admin
#2 | Posted: 30 Oct 2011 09:52 | Edited by: Mahmoud Ibrahim
Hi Amethyst

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Obviously, you are correct and this guy posted these lyrics on the website after you did.

Don't worry because you are protected: any posted lyrics is given a time stamp clearly showing when it was posted. This information is clearly shown in the database and I will provide it for you in a private message later.

In addition, other information is available to help you identify him (only if really needed and according to SWF privacy policy). I will delete the lyrics he posted and will investigate this issue further and come back to you later in PM with more information.

Best Wishes
Mahmoud

t: @oasis9020
sdelgo  
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 1 Nov 2011 04:20
Some advice for posting your lyrics and songs demo or completed. get them copyrighted http://www.copyright.gov/
Since you have your original lyrics with you and the ones posted were timestamped as Mahmoud stated, you should be fine.
A lot of people don't realize once you collect your work in a tangible form (written on paper or recorded and time stamped in some way) they're already copywritten for all intents and purposes.
If someone were to infringe on your work and distribute, release or copy without your consent you'd still be covered but you'd have to go through all the hoops to prove it's yours.
By copyrighiting your works... when someone infringes all you have to do is pull out your documentation.

It's pretty easy to do as well... from what I remember if you submit your work on media (cd or dvd) it costs something like $45.00 to protect the contents of the entire disc.

Good Luck

Steve
Amethyst Wilton  
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 2 Nov 2011 23:05 | Edited by: Amethyst Wilton
Thank you very much, Much appreciated - Will have to do that

& excuse me Emily, but you have just stolen my lyrics as well! To my track called "James" then re-named it! Write your own lyrics, or contact people and collaborate with them don't steal other peoples lyrics!

Thank you for removing the other stolen lyrics, but could you please remove this one as well:

The track i wrote called James is here: http://www.songwritingfever.com/material/lyrics/read.php?id=6789

The track she has stolen and changed the name to is here:
http://www.songwritingfever.com/material/lyrics/read.php?id=6793
Mahmoud Ibrahim Male  
Admin
#5 | Posted: 3 Nov 2011 00:30 | Edited by: Mahmoud Ibrahim
ok so his lyrics have been deleted,

account disabled

IP banned

Amethyst, please wait for a Private Message from me where I will explain what to do and give you some more information and do not try to communicate with the person who stole your lyrics as this will only complicate things...only report to me through PM or through the forum.

Thanks

Best Wishes
Mahmoud

t: @oasis9020

Website Feedback SongWriting Fever Forums / Website Feedback / Stolen Lyrics Top
This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.