Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: session_start(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

a shout and a shot in the dark
 | Forums | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Important Announcement: SongWritingFever.com will be shutting down all user-interactive pages effective as of Saturday 13 September 2014. We are very sorry about this. We will be working very hard to bring it back as soon as we can in a much better shape than it is now. What this means is that you will not be able to submit or view lyrics, upload or download songs, view other members profiles, sign up or sign in, or post to the forum. Again, we are terribly sorry about this and we hope that we can bring all those functions and more back soon.
SongWriting Fever Forums

Introduce Yourself SongWriting Fever Forums / Introduce Yourself /

a shout and a shot in the dark

Allen Clifford Bilodeau  
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 28 Dec 2010 18:14
I have fiddled around with writing lyrics for a number of years....I would like to find similar minded people who can give and take, and make lyrics better, and I do believe there are some on this site....if I could only find em.. I see a good number of posters on this site who talk about their skills at writing, with no lyrics posted to back it up.
I do have a few posted on this site for viewing, and would welcome any similar minded writers, or musicians, or singers to collaberate with......I write for the fun of it, but I am open to anybody that would like to take it all a bit further......
Elijah James  
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 3 Jan 2011 20:57
You are one of my favorite writers on this site I must admit. I'm always looking for a co writer myself. I'm still wet behind the ears and our styles are different. I don't think we would make a good match. But then again we might get along like a house on fire. You can always bounce ideas off of me. And I'm good with honest opinoins. I'm guessing a lot of people would like to respond but are nervous that they wont live up to expectations. Like me
Allen Clifford Bilodeau  
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 3 Jan 2011 21:40
Hello again Elijah...
first of all I'd like to say thanks for the kind words...

I am always open, and will connsider any opinion, to any changes that somebody might like to do on any of my lyrics. In saying that, I am also a bit leery about changing words in the lyrics of others, but I would like to toss ideas back and forth.....Maybe you could send one my way that you'd would like some feedback on, and we could throw some ideas at each other......lets set the whole block on fire lol
Elijah James  
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 14:40
Yeah. Cool. I've got a song I want to work on. I want to build around this little thing I sing after I know I just said something to my wife that gets me in trouble and sleeping alone on the couch.

You should put your foot in your mouth
And sit on your hands
And if you stay calm
Then you'll float on the sand

I'm thinking Punk Blues like the Band White Stripes, with a story telling style.
I'll PM you maybe late tonight or tomorrow some more details. I know you have a great story telling ability and could use some direction to go with it.
Allen Clifford Bilodeau  
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 14:58
Great hook idea Elijah......I'll have to look up White Stripes, and see what their sound is, but I may not be around to much next few days,,,Might be a slow work in progress.....hope you got some patience....

Maybe you might wanna make it a little more personnel ..ie

maybe I should sit on my hands
keep my foot in my mouth
If I could keep calm, little momma might be charmed
and not make me sleep on the couch

lol just tossen an idea
lookin forward to a fun collab
Elijah James  
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 4 Jan 2011 15:44
Hey, I'll be busy too. I'll be out of state for a few days. I'm in no rush to get it done. I was thinking if I should make it personal or make it about a guy who let's his mouth get him in trouble all the time. I will upload the way I sing it sometime, when I can. And maybe it will help with more ideas. We'll talk later.

Introduce Yourself SongWriting Fever Forums / Introduce Yourself / a shout and a shot in the dark Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

login