Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Recording Equipment HELP!!!! What to get? - Page 2
 | Forums | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Important Announcement: SongWritingFever.com will be shutting down all user-interactive pages effective as of Saturday 13 September 2014. We are very sorry about this. We will be working very hard to bring it back as soon as we can in a much better shape than it is now. What this means is that you will not be able to submit or view lyrics, upload or download songs, view other members profiles, sign up or sign in, or post to the forum. Again, we are terribly sorry about this and we hope that we can bring all those functions and more back soon.
SongWriting Fever Forums

Recording Playground SongWriting Fever Forums / Recording Playground /

Recording Equipment HELP!!!! What to get?

Page Page 2 of 2:  ««  1  2 
David Harrington  
Forums Member
#16 | Posted: 3 Jan 2011 00:34
I use Logic Pro on a an iMac, this really is an unbelievably good piece of software but does require a pretty powerful Mac to run it effectively. The results are stunning however as you basically get a complete professional recording studio in a box.

There are several good vocal mics available some of which plug straight into the USb port on your computer. I bought this one for my friend in the US:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H4MZU2/ref=oss_product?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

And the quality is superb.

Have a listen to the results here.

http://www.myspace.com/davidgharrington
David Harrington  
Forums Member
#17 | Posted: 3 Jan 2011 00:37
I use Logic Pro on a an iMac, this really is an unbelievably good piece of software but does require a pretty powerful Mac to run it effectively. The results are stunning however as you basically get a complete professional recording studio in a box.

There are several good vocal mics available some of which plug straight into the USb port on your computer. I bought this one for my friend in the US:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H4MZU2/ref=oss_product?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

And the quality is superb.

Have a listen to the results here.

http://www.myspace.com/davidgharrington
Johnny (STRAWS)  
Forums Member
#18 | Posted: 19 Sep 2011 23:19
Hey Elijah,

I too don't have a lot of money to spend so here is what I did, probably the cheapest way to go.

1. I went to Daddy's and bought a SHURE PG58 MIC SHURE PG58 Vocal Microphone with XLR to 1/4 Inch Cable brand new for $65 (Click here to go to this products page)

2. Downloaded AUDACITY's LOGO and all its plugins FREE. Here is the link:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

3. I bought a used ALESIS MICROVERB III ALESIS MICROVERB III $50 at Daddy's Junky Music

4. The ALESIS MICROVERB III is nice because it connects to your PC/ Laptop and to your MIC so you can put some reverb or any other effects to your voice while your recording. AUDACITY really doesn't have a very good reverb option. The MICROVERB also connects to my 4 channel head which powers my PA for live vocal effects.

5. I am in a band now, but before I was I did everything myself including all the instruments.....I don't know how to play any instrument, how did I do it? Easy I found JAMSTUDIO.com I signed up I think its $60 per year and I write all my songs on their website. Once I am finished I download the song as an MP3 to my desktop, then drag and drop the MP3 file into my AUDACITY and record the lyrics.

You can listen to the songs I wrote, recorded, arranged and produced at http://reverbnation.com/johnnystraws You don't have to sign up to listen to my music, you can actually download my songs for free too.

So I paid a total of $175 to get started....providing you have a computer/ laptop. I use my HP PRO-BOOK i5. Then of course I pay the $60 per year to JAMSTUDIO.com they even copyright every song you create using their site.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

~Johnny
Paul Raz  
Forums Member
#19 | Posted: 3 Mar 2013 11:01 | Edited by: Paul Raz
You really just need a descent microhpone(solid dynamic $50), recording software(Cubase, Pro Tools) and an external audio unit (m-audio fast track $400)

Most modern bands don't use these huge Neumann microphones anymore. They just record live using dynamic mics that are better isolated.

Paul Raz
[url=http://www.makingasong.com/][/url]
Matthew Hickman Male  
Forums Member
#20 | Posted: 5 Mar 2013 09:40
These recording equipment are really worth the money and they are not too expensive either:
http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/

Thomas Walker  
Forums Member
#21 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 02:15
I tend to use Acid pro together with the saffire 6 usb audio box ;

http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Focusrite_Saffire_6_USB_Audio_Interface/FR-SAFFIRE6US B?CAWELAID=1830893977&catargetid=1826691753&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLfJkaewgbgCFajKtAodgjU Aig

its a really good piece of equipment and not exspensive at all ;)

Also i reccomend you look into some software such as guitar rig :

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/guitar-rig-5-pro/
Clifton Baird  
Forums Member
#22 | Posted: 21 Aug 2013 15:30
Yeah, you definitely do not want to go Sam Ash to get a recorder, they're too high. If it's so hard meeting your group and practicing, then why don't you voicemail with Skype. As far the production equipment try the AustinBazaar, they sell microphones as low as 29. 99 and recording software as low as 269.00. I am sure you have he money to pay that. I don't know what else to say I'm not working. I don't pay attention to the market. They have a Zoom H4n Channel Handy Recorder with a large 1.9 inch screen for improved interface for easy operation, built in stereo mics for 90 to 120 degrees, and four channel simultaneous recording using built-in and external mics. They also have two for also low as $198 which records WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz files and MP3 up to 320kbps files, has variable speed playback (now you'll like that), and data recovery against unwanted errors. Depends what type of memory you need and speed.
 Page Page 2 of 2:  ««  1  2 
Recording Playground SongWriting Fever Forums / Recording Playground / Recording Equipment HELP!!!! What to get? Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

login