Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Progressive Rock Lyrics Needed
 | Forums | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Important Announcement: SongWritingFever.com will be shutting down all user-interactive pages effective as of Saturday 13 September 2014. We are very sorry about this. We will be working very hard to bring it back as soon as we can in a much better shape than it is now. What this means is that you will not be able to submit or view lyrics, upload or download songs, view other members profiles, sign up or sign in, or post to the forum. Again, we are terribly sorry about this and we hope that we can bring all those functions and more back soon.
SongWriting Fever Forums

Introduce Yourself SongWriting Fever Forums / Introduce Yourself /

Progressive Rock Lyrics Needed

Gary Teel  
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 6 Jan 2014 14:37
Hi folks, cool community you have here. My name is Gary, and I'm a musician/producer in the US. Creating music has always come so easily to me, but I often struggle with lyrics, to the point where I gave up writing for a while. I'm looking for a lyricist who can take my musical ideas and run with them. Sometimes I have a particular melody in mind, other times I don't, but I am looking for someone to work with long-term. I'm working on some progressive rock tracks at the moment, and I envision lyrics that are dark but not horror/death stuff... think Porcupine Tree for a starting-off point... and I'd love to hear what you can do with it! I've uploaded a track on my profile that I call "Black Sky," though the title doesn't have to be a keeper. Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think! Cheers!
Mubs Fronel  
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 20 Jan 2014 06:38
hey thea u can reach me in ma inbox,hope i can help,see yu gary.
jamie  
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 22 May 2014 14:47
Hi Garry..mess with this,see what you come up with.Jamie.

The Prisoner..
1st vse
I'm the prisoner
just doing my time
just another prisoner
Who committed no known crime

chorus
I sleep on the road
where dreams never rhyme
don't own a watch
hell..what is time
to the prisoner of the thin white lines

2nd vse
I'm the prisoner
lord please let me out
just wanna get off
this crazy roundabout

2nd chorus
I travel the road
hoping I may find
the strength I need
and leave behind
the prisoner of the thin white lines..

bridge
oh yes I'm the prisoner
just another prisoner
doing my time
just another prisoner
committed no crime
the devil and me know
he gotta help me find
the keys to my chains
help me leave behind
the prisoner..of the thin white lines

Repeat 1st vse
Repeat and fade 1st chorus.
Billy Nephilim  
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 1 Jun 2014 15:39
I can probably write the lyrics to your music I've been working with a few musicians any so maybe I can help just in box me if your interested in working with me I have one of my newest works posted on here so check it out and you can decide if I'm good enough to help you or not
Carroll Kiphen Male  
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 1 Jun 2014 20:22
I don't write to music but you're welcome to look through my lyrics page. Just an example:

Pain that I deserve / worm inside my brain

Chorus 1
I’m the blind man; you’re the harpy
I’m your prisoner bound by chain.
You’ve been sent to torture me
Like a worm inside my brain.
Verse
A band of gold has welded shut
the hinges on this cage.
I’m stuck inside your prison
And there’s no hope for escape.
Chorus 2
You gnaw away at bits of pride.
stick needles in my nerves.
You think every bit of pain I feel
Is pain that I deserve.
Is pain that I deserve.
Verse
The vow that you remember
Is till death do us part.
You’re the vulture who eats away
pieces of my heart.
Chorus 1
Verse
You’re the pillow on my face;
You’re the dirt upon my grave.
You’re the walls around my soul
From which there’s no escape.
Chorus 2
Is pain that I deserve.
Is pain that I deserve.
Verse
As I struggle for a breath of air
You push the pillow down.
As I sink deeper down into blue
You lay me in the ground.
Chorus 1
Tracy Hutchison  
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 1 Jun 2014 21:10
I wrote for that quite some time ago and sent a message. I never got a response so the lyrics have moved on.

:D
Kirk Bernhardt  
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 21 Jun 2014 06:55
i have a couple things here for collaboration:
4g
http://www.songwritingfever.com/material/lyrics/read.php?id=17345
are you real or are you spam?
http://www.songwritingfever.com/material/lyrics/read.php?id=17350
my material is rated 'r'
and 'other' and meant for hard rock

Introduce Yourself SongWriting Fever Forums / Introduce Yourself / Progressive Rock Lyrics Needed Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

login