Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

hello :)
 | Forums | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Important Announcement: SongWritingFever.com will be shutting down all user-interactive pages effective as of Saturday 13 September 2014. We are very sorry about this. We will be working very hard to bring it back as soon as we can in a much better shape than it is now. What this means is that you will not be able to submit or view lyrics, upload or download songs, view other members profiles, sign up or sign in, or post to the forum. Again, we are terribly sorry about this and we hope that we can bring all those functions and more back soon.
SongWriting Fever Forums

Introduce Yourself SongWriting Fever Forums / Introduce Yourself /

hello :)

Chantelle  
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 26 Nov 2013 10:15
Hi there my name is Chantelle & music is my life! It has always been my therapy throughout a turbulent life & it has always been something I wanted to do for a living!

I have tried to write songs, but when I read them back I kinda think they need restructuring, I think I can come up with some o.k ideas for songs (i have plenty of experience to write about that is for sure) but it is the structuring I struggle with for sure!

I would really like to learn how to write songs better & would love to find someone who is willing to help me write songs!

I am into music by the likes of Michael Jackson, The Hoosiers, Ricky Martin, janet Jackson, Christina Aguilera & Darren Hayes (to name a few faves) so I of course would want to write songs within the same sort of genre (pop, latin pop, r & b)

If you feel you would like to write with me then I would love to hear from you
Larry Killam  
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 28 Nov 2013 14:03
All Da Best in your endeavour.Their are plenty of good books you can get from the Library.You might like to check out Robin Frederick on Youtube as well.(~;Yrral Mallik of Songramp aka Larry Gordon Killam creator of Facebook Group Songwriters Unite over 3700 members;~)

How To Write A Song Part one Robin Frederick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3BvYpKSzo
Mubs Fronel  
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 27 Jan 2014 01:41
hello larry hope we can talk,i may hv some ideas for u.
Thehoundsoflove  
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 29 Jan 2014 02:30
Hello Chantelle

I am still pretty new here as well but I have been writing sings and lyrics for a little bit longer and I'd love to share my ideas with you. When I write a song I know in the first moments you need to have grabbed the listeners ears and hearts with the who, what, when, why details.

You need a killer hook too, that's like the extra boost to keep them attentive. But don't just listen to a narrow avenue of artists, listen to what inspired Janet Jackson and Darren Hayes. Research which albums influenced other albums you like such as Bad (surprisingly the Queen album Hot Space). If you ever get stuck then listen outside the box, there have been periods I felt spent with inspiration so I check out new influences.

Have fun and maybe a collaboration might be in the works

Michael

Introduce Yourself SongWriting Fever Forums / Introduce Yourself / hello :) Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

login