Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php on line 11

Warning: session_start(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/index.php:11) in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_cookie.php on line 8

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 125

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 126

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 136

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/songwr5/public_html/forum/bb_functions.php on line 142

Black Bird-Song I recently wrote
 | Forums | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Important Announcement: SongWritingFever.com will be shutting down all user-interactive pages effective as of Saturday 13 September 2014. We are very sorry about this. We will be working very hard to bring it back as soon as we can in a much better shape than it is now. What this means is that you will not be able to submit or view lyrics, upload or download songs, view other members profiles, sign up or sign in, or post to the forum. Again, we are terribly sorry about this and we hope that we can bring all those functions and more back soon.
SongWriting Fever Forums

All Songwriting SongWriting Fever Forums / All Songwriting /

Black Bird-Song I recently wrote

Kimberly  
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 28 Feb 2011 17:15
Any feedback is welcome! Again I just love writing songs that touch emotions. This is a little bit out of my comfort zone, but I think the final product is pretty good quality. But my opinion is biased, so tell me what ya think(:
I wrote this song just I don't know why. The inspiration came from a raven that I saw when I was driving and I thought of all the symbols a black raven stood for and thus this song was given life(:
I intended thias song to be all female, kind of slow but not too much feauturing piano, guitar and violin the most.

First lyrics:

As a girl, I watched the world fade
I watched the sky go grey
before my eyes

My mother told me I was too young to understand
But then she'd hold me and take my hand
And say

Chorus:
You cannot cry
Because the world is dying
Honey you're too young
I was a child once
too
Don't close your eyes
Your escape will not find you
Learn from my mistakes
Don't let the blackbird take you away
tonight

2nd Lyrics:

Be sure and wear black to the funeral
And wear your pearls that are oh so beautiful
bring a red red rose

Put the mask in place, cover yourself with lace
Make it look ok
For this parade

I dry my eyes because
my mother told me

Chorusx1

Middle:
(I'm sorry, but I am not around my original lyrics right now, and they seemed to have escaped my head. I will post them as soon as I get my PAPER BACK)

2nd Middle:

Blackbird, Blackbird,
Hear me cry
I cannot go on this way
Dying inside

Chorus x1

Blackbird, blackbird, blackbird

end.

(: I'm so sorry about my middle part, I just can't find the sheet I had them on, but I know who has them now so...
Kimberly  
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 28 Feb 2011 21:19
Ok, sorry for the inconvenience, here is the middle part:

I dream in distraction,
My one satisfaction
I cannot cry
desynthesized

I dream in color
Just like my mother
I cannot cry desynthesized
Elijah James  
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 1 Mar 2011 10:33
I really like this song!
I like this part below it has a nice flow to it, at least the way I'm singing it.
2nd Lyrics:

Be sure and wear black to the funeral
And wear your pearls that are oh so beautiful
bring a red red rose

Put the mask in place, cover yourself with lace
Make it look ok
For this parade

I'm thinking repeat this twice. This sounds cool too.
2nd Middle:

Blackbird, Blackbird,
Hear me cry
I cannot go on this way
Dying inside

This sounds cool too. Nice lyric (cry de synthesized).
I dream in distraction,
My one satisfaction
I cannot cry
desynthesized

I dream in color
Just like my mother
I cannot cry desynthesized

I've been on this forum a lot. People will start to get sick of me
Elijah James  
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 1 Mar 2011 10:38
I meant to maybe repeat this twice(below) I don't know if I was clear.
2nd Middlex2)

Blackbird, Blackbird,
Hear me cry
I cannot go on this way
Dying inside

Maybe Indie Genre? It would sound great!
Elijah James  
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 3 Mar 2011 23:09
Just to let everyone know, that I know, there is no such English word as De synthesize(d) or Un synthesize(d). Just like in one of my songs I wrote "wickered"souls. There is no such word, I know. That's what's great about writing songs you can make up stuff to express how your feeling if a word doesn't exist That's why one of my favorite writers is Doctor Suess. Hey, who can argue with a doctor Great Song!

All Songwriting SongWriting Fever Forums / All Songwriting / Black Bird-Song I recently wrote Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

login